I am the master of my fate. The captain of my soul.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Susan - Chicago

Any time is a great time to take a vacation with a girlfriend. There is nothing like spending time with my friend/friends. Time with a friend allows me to be me!! I have no responsibility to anyone and best of all it allows me to let the little girl out to play without judgement. So when one of my dearest long time friends, Susan Bokorny recently had a significant birthday it gave us a wonderful reason for a girls trip!!! Susan and I met when I first went to work for one of the largest law firms in Phoenix. At that time I was going through a divorce and Susan was going through her stuff. Sometimes when life is the hardest the best of things happen if you can be open to see it. Susan is one of those best of things. We have been friends for over 20 years. We know each other on a level that is deep and meaningful. We have shared a lot of joy and a lot of heartache. Without Susan and her trickery Tom may never have gotten up to bat but that's another story for another blog. To this day she claims loss of memory and now after all this time I have to believe her!!! LOL Susan now lives in Houston and going to Chicago just seemed like a great destination for us to meet. It is one of the eight places I can fly direct!!! We spent five wonderful days together talking, shopping, talking, eating, talking, sight seeing, talking, walking and oh, did I mention talking?? The following photo's are just a few of the 50 or more I took.
PS YOU MUST SEE THE JERSEY BOYS!!!



The first night in Chicago we had drinks on the shore of
Lake Michigan. Perfect weather and prefect place.















The following morning we jumped on the double

decker bus and headed to the Sears Tower (below).




















It was another perfect weather day. These are photo's
from the 103rd floor of the Sears Tower.





































































On the street the city is coming to life.















Trumps new tower is almost finished.




















No trip to Chicago is complete if your female without a stop
to the Big O studio or store!!

















We took a wonderful architectural tour of the city in
a boat on the river. They served the best Margarita's
we found.

















It just isn't a girls weekend without room service of our
favorite creme brulee with coffee!!!!

















If you love sports you can't go to Chicago and not spend
time at a game at Wrigley Field. It was another perfect
weather day and the game was close and exciting. The
Cubs moved into first place in their division with that
game.





















Sold out as always. They love their Cubbies.

















I love these crazy old bridges that are such a part
of Chicago.



















The Sears Tower from the water.























These last two photo's are from Navy Pier on top
of the ferris wheel.